10 Drugstore Products I Love!
If you are a beginner in makeup, I definitely encourage shopping at stores such as CVS or Walgreens. It offers a great way to get comfortable with different products without having to break the bank! Here is a list of 10 of my Favorite Affordable Products from the good old Drugstore...
(Tip: Don't Forget to Check Local Stores Weekly Circular to Save $! )
1. ELF Eyebrow Gel $2.00 - This has to be one of my favorite products to finish off any makeup look, but especially best for the “no makeup, makeup look.” Use over Brows, Eyelashes, and even a great product for finishing off a sleek hairstyle and taming those annoying baby hairs!
2. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder $5.99 - This powder is absolutely amazing when paired with a sponge or a beauty blender, its great used under the eyes for baking over your favorite concealer. I also highly recommend pairing this product with a big fluffy brush to lightly set your foundation all over for a smooth finish that lasts all day!
3. NYX Tinted Brow Mascara $6.99 - Brows are essential to complete any makeup look, they help frame the face and help make your eyes stand out! This Brow Mascara is a game changer to providing a quick and easy way to tame the brows. It fills in any sparse areas while applying a tint of color to provide a clean, natural finish. Make sure to be light handed while applying this product. Brush the brow hairs up, and then neatly brush them into place. It is recommended to use a lighter shade towards the inner half of your eyebrow, and then blend that into a darker color for the outer half for a softer look.
4. Maybelline Master Conceal $8.99 - This concealer is no joke, it absolutely goes head to head with some of my high-end concealers, with the price of some going for $40 and up! This product is perfect for concealing dark under eye circles, hiding blemishes and carving out a perfect brow shape! It is very buildable, has great coverage and has a nice natural finish that doesn't budge all day long!
5. Milani Baked Blush $6.99 - Milani has been one of my go-to brands for years. I love all of their blushes and bronzers, and when applied across the cheekbone it instantly adds a healthy pop of color that will instantly have you glowing! It finishes off any makeup look perfectly, and can also be used along the eyelid to create a beautiful daytime eye look. A more fun idea to try is using a powder brush to apply along your collarbone and shoulders to add an all over glow perfect for summertime!
6. Wet n Wild Luxe Brushes $1.99 - These brushes have to be the most affordable, yet the best quality brushes I have found in a drug store in years! The brush is well made, super cute and gives an effortless blend every time. With the price being so affordable, this is a great way to be able to replace brushes regularly, and keep your skin and makeup tools clean without spending a fortune on expensive brushes! I have found the best variety of brushes in stock at my local Walgreens, and almost always catch a sale on these items too!
7. NYX Matte Setting Spray $7.99 - If you have a problem with your makeup staying in place throughout the day, this product may be perfect for you. It helps your makeup last longer, appear smoother and help fight off shine with a natural matte finish that will last all day. Perfect to keep in your purse to touch up and reapply as needed to keep your face feeling refreshed on the go!
8. MegaGlo Makeup Stick - Highlight $3.99 - This Highlighter stick is perfect for underneath a Powder Highlight or Foundation. The recommended use of this product is to be blended on top of the Cheekbone, the inner corner of the eyes, or the brow bone! It is also very simple to use, either applied directly from
the stick and blended with your fingers, or with your favorite sponge or brush for a perfect application everytime!
9. L'Oréal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara $9.99 - When I am searching for a new everyday mascara, it is usually hard for me to find something that is not waterproof but will still stay put all day long. I love this product because it wears great for a long day at work but is also very easy to remove at night while taking off my makeup. That provides me a much more gentle experience for my lashes, keeping them much healthier and perfect for everyday use. I recommend using an eyelash curler before applying this mascara and you will really see the length and volume this brush provides!
10. Ardell Faux Mink Lashes $6.50 - These lashes for me are an absolute essential in my personal makeup bag and my freelance makeup kit! They give such a beautiful look that spices up any makeup style and creates some beautiful drama to the eyes. Pair this product with the brush on black glue from Ardell and your favorite liner and you will have a perfect glamorous look for a daytime event or a night out on the town!